According to data from Epiq Systems, total bankruptcy filings decreased by 12 percent in 2011 over 2010. Filings totaled 1,379,113 over the previous year’s total of 1,468,938. Total commercial filings fell 19 percent. Samuel J. Gerdano, Executive Director of the American Bankruptcy Institute credited the decline in filings to “the retrenchment in consumer spending associated with a down U.S. economy.”
Call The Sader Law Firm
today for a
FREE PHONE CONSULTATION
at (816) 281-6349.
Sader Blog Feeds
- Worried About Identity Theft After Black Friday? Here Is How to Protect Yourself
- Five Bankruptcy Filing Trends in 2017
- Do You Meet the Six Requirements for Public Service Loan Forgiveness?
- These Three Financial Mistakes Could Ruin Your Business
- Five Common Student Loan Debt Myths You Should Watch Out For