The American Board of Certification announced that Michael J. Wambolt, attorney with the The Sader Law Firm, in Kansas City, Missouri has successfully completed the requirements for national certification in Consumer Bankruptcy Law.
To become certified, Mr. Wambolt, satisfied the following requirements:
- Full time practice of law for at least five years;
- Good standing in the bars of all states in where a license to practice law is held;
- Devoted at least 30% of practice time and at least 400 hours to bankruptcy related matters in the last three years;
- Documented involvement in consumer bankruptcy by providing information on cases practiced;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing legal education by earning at least 60 hours of bankruptcy education in the past three years.
- Passed an extensive, day-long written examination covering consumer bankruptcy issues.
The American Board of Certification (ABC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the bankruptcy bar. The rigorous ABC certification standards are designed to encourage bankruptcy practitioners to strive toward excellence and to recognize those attorneys who are experts in the bankruptcy field. The ABC offers separate certification programs in business and consumer bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. All three ABC certification programs are accredited by the American Bar Association. For a complete listing of certified attorneys, see our web page at www.abcworld.org.
The ABC is co-sponsored by The American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America. The ABC Board of Directors consists of many of the nation’s finest bankruptcy and creditors’ rights attorneys, former judges, and law professors.